Monday, March 21, 2011

Metalworking soundtrack

Once again, it is Aspiring Metalsmith blogroll time! Each month, we agree on a theme and each of us shows our own perspective on it. This month, we talk about what we listen to while working on the bench.

Like most, what I listen to depends on my mood and what type of work I am doing. Sometimes, it is relaxing and soothing. At others, it is driven and rythmic. And occasionally, it is just plain silly.

I am a lover of classical music, from Early Music to Contemporary Works (skipping the Romantic period, to the bafflement of my friends).

Sometimes, the music helps me to burn off excess energy and helps me set a pace. Gorecki is a good alternative:



And, since I am a metalsmith who loves to forge, Verdi's Anvil Choir is not only fun to listen and work to, but it is thematic as well!



My final confession, I love to sing. Opera, show tunes and good old pop - anything goes. Two singing favourites:






I admit my music selection is unusual, but I love it! I hope you enjoyed it some as well.

Check out the other blog entries for this month!

4 comments:

  1. I loved the addition of the youtube videos. It was fun to sample each one. The Abba video was fantastic. The vests and dancing was amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog post! I love all this music, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've never even heard of most of your choices - I loved having the chance to listen - thanks!

    ReplyDelete