Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yeah, don't do that

My tip of the day: if you are a night owl with insomnia, don't head over to the bench at 7 in the morning because you can't sleep.

If you do decide to ignore that, make sure that the small piece of silver you are using for that fiddly, fancy form, tiny bezel is really silver, and not a small piece of sheet solder you rolled a long time ago and forgot about. That will not solder well and it will mess up the bezel.

I also recommend not forgetting that silver absorbs heat like crazy and that wire that was next to the destroyed bezel will be very, very hot even though it wasn't directly under the torch. Don't pick it up straight away with your bare fingers because it will burn.

At this point, I decided to leave the bench before I burned the house down or had to go to emergency room. I suppose I should find a picture to go with this post, but it wouldn't be pretty at all.

1 comment:

  1. Things never go very well when I don't get those necessary 8 hours at night. Hope things got better for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete