Saturday, May 21, 2011

It has been so long!

I haven't updated this blog in such a long time! I am sorry, but I had a good reason (excuses, excuses): my computer decided to no longer recognize a keyboard. While I could use the virtual keyboard for most things (like entering passwords), henpecking an entire post on that thing was out of the question. Everything seems to be behaving right now, but a new computer seems to be closer in my future than I would like.

I had a bad case of creative block over the last week or so. Just those days where nothing seems to look right. But I think I broke through it now. I finally set one of my favourite stones, a natural, untreated ametrine in a really amazing precision cut.


I love all the reflections and how both colours swirl together. Can you believe there are only 4 facets? And they are so crisp and perfect.

You can check it out on my Etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeatrizFortes

Of course, this post took way too long, because the keyboard went kaput half away through. I really hate using the virtual keyboard. But, at least, it makes gaming impossible, so that has to be positive.

1 comment:

  1. That stinks about the keyboard, computers often seem to have a mind of their own... ;) The stone is lovely, but then so is all of your work. :)Glad the block seems to have lifted!

    ReplyDelete