Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Broken heart - first piece in my Life series


As I said in my last post, I am working on a long term project on what marks our lives.  The first piece was done a while ago, long before I came up with this series, but it fits perfectly and so I decided it would be a part of it. I am, after all, the "artist" here so I can just say so. 

Heartbreak isn't only caused by love - it can be lost dreams, disappointments, sorrows, losses. All that matters is that something that is important to us is lost, either in reality or in our dreams. Everyone will have moments like these in live, where everything seems bleak and hopeless, where our efforts seem puny and when we feel we have just "lost" at life.

This heart was pounded out, quite literally. I worked it with a hammer until it reached its breaking point, creating the beautiful texture in the crack. It was a good way to work my way through what I was feeling at the time.

Life, of course, isn't all bleak, so the next piece is much more cheerful! It is already on my workbench, but I know I will tinker with it a lot before it is done.


1 comment:

  1. I think it's beautiful, maybe a bit sad... but beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete